- Are in 6th-12th grade as of fall 2020.
- Are enrolled in a public, private, charter, or home school in Multnomah, Clackamas, or Washington County (Washington State students: find your contest at stormwaterpartners.com/video-contest).
- Must be exactly 55 or 25 seconds long.
- Must focus on one of the subjects listed at theriverstartshere.org/video-contest.
- Must be factually accurate.
- Must be viewable on YouTube with a minimum resolution of 720p.
- Must be submitted via completed application form.
- Entries that meet the video entry criteria will be selected as finalists.
- To remain eligible, finalists must submit signed waivers and photo releases and upload an MP4 file of their entry by the deadline.
Winners and Prizes:
- $500 prizes will be awarded to each of four categories:
- 1. Clean Water Actions
- 2. Community Storytelling
- 3. BIPOC Filmmaker
- 4. People’s Choice
- Winning videos will be edited for branding and used in the RCCRS summer 2021 water health campaign. Use may include distribution via social media and other channels.
Dates and Deadlines:
- May 20, 2021: applications due
- June 4, 2021: finalists notified
- June 11, 2021: deadline for finalists to submit MP4 files
- June 14-21, 2021: social media campaigning for People’s Choice award open
- July 1, 2021: winners notified and press release distributed
- Summer 2021: winning videos used in RCCRS water health campaign
- Fall 2021: winning videos screened during Portland EcoFilm Festival